Dental Health Check
At Cabinteely Dental Care, we endeavour to do everything we can to ensure you are comfortable in your new surroundings. Each patient is treated as a unique entity, both in terms of their treatment and patient care. However, something each and every patient will experience is our 13 Point Dental Health Check, a list that is thoroughly checked to ensure the health and appearance of your teeth and gums.
Children's check up
It is always advised that you begin an oral hygiene routine sooner rather than later. From the very first moment your child's baby teeth begin to erupt you should start caring for their teeth and gums.
At Cabinteely Dental Care, we are more than happy for you to bring your little ones in during your own appointments, which is a great chance for them to get used to the surroundings, and we will make sure your child's very own appointments are fun and relaxing.
13 Point Dental Health Check
At Cabinteely Dental Care, we offer a complete appraisal of all your dental needs. When you visit us your 13 Point Dental Health Check will typically include the following:
- Discuss any worries you may have regarding the function or look of your teeth.
- Check your general medical history and provide counsel on whether this might affect your dental health or any treatment.
- Carry out a mouth cancer screening. We check your tongue, lips, cheeks, skin and glands. Early detection is significant in ensuring a favourable prognosis – it can literally save your life.
- Check salivary glands in the cheeks and under the tongue for normal flow.
- Check the tongue for signs of systemic illness or coatings that may cause bad breath.
- Check for signs of tooth decay.
- Check your teeth for signs of wear, erosion or cracks.
- Assess your existing fillings, crowns or bridges for signs of leakage, cracks or corrosion.
- Check the arrangement and bite contacts of your teeth for any abnormalities that may cause potential problems.
- Check your jaw joints and jaw muscles for any abnormalities that may affect your ability to eat or chew.
- Assess your gums for any symptoms of periodontal disease.
- Look for any parts that you may be regularly missing when carrying out your oral hygiene routine and give advice on any improvements that can be made to your preventative home care.
- In addition to this, x-rays may be required at regular intervals to be sure the areas inside, between and underneath your teeth are healthy.
X Rays are used to detect:
- The occurrence of dental decay in areas unable to be checked by visual examination.
- The roots of teeth that we believe may require attention.
- Check bone quality in your jaw.
- The location of teeth coming through, including wisdom teeth.
- Any other pathology of the bones and teeth such as cysts and tumours.
If you would like to book a consultation, then please contact our team in Dublin today.
To book your consultation call the practice on 01 235 4631